Last update: March 30, 2020
The Boston Philharmonic is committed to the health and safety of our concert patrons and musicians. We have been closely watching the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19 and monitoring the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH), and the Boston Public Health Commission (BPHC).
In light of the on-going coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and in accordance with the health directives of the CDC and Governor Baker, the following events have been canceled:
- March 28 Interpretations of Music: Lessons for Life Class
- April 11 Interpretations of Music: Lesson for Life Class
- May 2 Interpretations of Music: Lesson for Life Class
- April 18 Rising Stars Gala
- April 24 Boston Philharmonic Orchestra Concert
- May 10 Boston Philharmonic Youth Orchestra Concert
If you have purchased tickets for either the BPO concert on April 24 or the BPYO concert on May 10, we will gladly assist you with making changes. If you are able, we would request that you convert your ticket purchase to a donation. If you prefer, we will credit your tickets toward a concert next season or issue a refund.
In the event of a cancellation:
What are my ticket options if a concert is canceled or rescheduled due to the Coronavirus?
- Donate your ticket. As a nonprofit arts organization, the Boston Philharmonic relies on the audience we serve. By donating your tickets in lieu of a refund, you are providing vital support for the music and musicians that inspire our community. Please consider donating your tickets back to the Boston Philharmonic and receive a donation receipt by contacting 617.236.0999.
- Put tickets on account - as a gift certificate. Hold your tickets on your account. Contact the Box Office at 617.236.0999 and we will put your funds on account as a gift certificate to use toward another performance this season.
- Request a refund. Generally our policy is no refunds. In the event of a cancellation we will issue refunds if requested. Contact the Box Office at 617.236.0999.
Questions: Please call the Boston Philharmonic office at 617.236.0999 or email: email@example.com
CDC What You Need to Know
CDC What To Do if You're Sick
Boston Public Health Commission Fact Sheet